webcam/drivers/vista/compatability

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by setanta2802, May 4, 2007.

1. setanta2802

setanta2802

its my first pc got a dell 'inspirion' 520 32 bit with vista home basic edition and im having hell with it- so im diving in at the deep end! been checking out webcam/drivers/compatability was going to get a web cam but have discovered,(after painful research on my butt!) that skype is not compatable to vista(thats official on their site)and there are serious compat' probs with msn live messenger- so whats to do?i think i'll wait for patches-anybody got similar probs?also discovered that im using a pre-installed adobe programme thats not signed for!!? whats going on? is there strife between adobe and microsoft as adobe are not on microsoft's list of vista friendly programmes!

setanta2802, May 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. setanta2802

kingofnexus

Ive had *NO* problems with skype or live. Its just to cover themselves if anything doesn't work as expected.

kingofnexus, May 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. setanta2802

setanta2802

hi kingofnexus:)much appreciated your reply i know im only a beginner but you gotta start somewhere! im gonna go get me a webcam asap!cheers!

setanta2802, May 4, 2007
  4. setanta2802

hank_freid

I have also no problem.. if you are facing it continuously then please contact me. I will help you step by step.

You can also do some steps to overcome the problem and get rid of it.

Uninstall the Version.

Reinstall the version after restarting the system.

Install other drivers after that process.

Regards

hank_freid, Apr 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question