Web Cert Access Point issue

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by carpediem79, Feb 23, 2007.

1. carpediem79

carpediem79

We are trying to Vista on some laptops we have. It runs great, but I am hitting a wireless issue. It has the Intel Pro 3945ABG Wireless NIC. I have the latest driver from Intel. The problem we are having is that you should normally get a wireless connection to our guest account. That happens. However you then would need to open up IE and it would kick you to a web page requiring you to use the guest login. That activates the internet thru the access point and allows you to surf the net. The web page will not load on IE7, Firefox, or Opera. They all say the page cannot be displayed, like they cannot see it.I tried using IE7 on a WinXP machine and it worked ok. It says I am connected to the internet on the network screen, it shows a good wireless connection. It will not open the page though so you cannot surf the net or anything.

I am at a loss. Anyone else have this issue or any thoughts as to a resolution?

Thanks in advance.

carpediem79, Feb 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question