warning message

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by gforceman, Sep 13, 2007.

1. gforceman

gforceman

i get a message after vista ultimate boots says your video driver has stopped working has recovered, i have the latest Nvidia drivers for vista installed after a few reboots i get a blue screen stating theres a problem with my vid drivers any ideas thx

[​IMG]

gforceman, Sep 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. gforceman

cyclic

I have found a few claims to have fixed this by simply disabling UAC, must admit I can't see why, but it's worth a go.

Also if you just updated drivers from Nvidia perhaps the quickest solution is to either roll back the driver to the previous or restore the system to a date before the update (the system should have made one automatically before the new drivers were installed for just such an occasion).

Currently I am using Nvidia's beta version 163.44 which 2K advise you to use for Bioshock 'cos there's issues with other versions, they don't say what though, anyway since I installed that Beta driver I have had no problems with any graphics and some games are improved, it might be an idea to try that one if you havn't yet.

Just remember to uninstall all previous drivers, which is more important than most peeps think and especially important is to disable your virus software when installing Nvidia drivers, they can actually prevent the drivers being properly enumerated which can cause all manner of problems.

cyclic, Sep 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question