Volume issues

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by EMMY, Feb 10, 2008.

1. EMMY

EMMY

Please help. For the past 2 weeks, I have been unable to see the volume control icon in the right side of the notification tray down below. Today, I tried to fix that by opening the taskbar/start menu icon and selecting the "notification area" tab. The volume/network/power options are greyed out and so I next clicked the sound icon in the contol panel. I selected the icon that looks like headphones and clicked on properties button below. I thought that disabling the re-enabling would solve my problem, but after selecting the disable option, the headphone icon totally disappeared and I can hear no sound from my laptop.

I hope I haven't gotten myself into an expensive jam. Any thoughts on how to help my computer generate sound again????

Thanks

Emma

EMMY, Feb 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. EMMY

TimeRanger

Do you have a Restore point that you can go back to, that was created before the problem began? It would also help if you gave a few specs (computer, vista version, soundcard etc etc)

TimeRanger, Feb 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. EMMY

EMMY

Sorry for the lack of info.

I don't think I have a set point. I own a HP Presario F500 which runs Vista Home Basic

EMMY, Feb 11, 2008
  4. EMMY

TimeRanger

TimeRanger, Feb 11, 2008
  5. EMMY

EMMY

Vista was installed in my laptop which was newlypurchased a few months ago. Thgat website looks promising. I will see whatr the HP people can do for me. Thanks alot!

EMMY, Feb 11, 2008
  6. EMMY

TimeRanger

TimeRanger, Feb 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question