Vista's voice recognition microphone setup Wizard will not start

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by aylesmerep, May 4, 2007.

1. aylesmerep

aylesmerep

I have a problem which extensive trial and error has not solved. I cannot get Vista's Voice recognition to work because when I try to set it up, I get a dialog box that says that "The Wizard could not start" - it then suggests to make sure that my audio hardware is working correctly. I did that - in the "audio device screen" my USB headset appears to work fine (bar graphs show mike input and speaker output OK) - there are no problems in Device Manager - Windows sound recorder records and plays back - no problem playing MPGs, MP3's whatsoever. I searched for and installed all the latest drivers, I upgraded my BIOS to the latest non beta version. In setup, I changed the HD audio device settings to Vista. I tried a different headset. I plugged the headset directly into the back rather than via the USB pod into the front of the case. I have run out of things to try! Any suggestions? Nick System Vista 64 bit premium; ASUS MOBO P5WH deluxe; 2Gb RAM; Core 2 Duo E6300; headset Andrea NC-61 with USB pod connection; system language UK English

aylesmerep, May 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. aylesmerep

aylesmerep

No-one replied...

I finally found the solution. One has to create another user account, make it the administrator then switch to that account -then try setting up Voice recon in that account. It now works for me. Or I suppose reinstalling Vista might work too

aylesmerep, May 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question