Vista's Shell Files modified to change from old windows 3.1 Icons

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason

From winmatrix:

<SPAN id=intelliTXT name="intelliTxt">I decided that I didn't like vista rtm's shell32.dll file. Is microsoft so lazy that they can't do away with the old windows 3.1 icons? Here's a link to it shell32.dll for vista modified I replaced all the old icons in the shell32.dll, and modified a few others. I just thought I'd post it up here for anyone who wants to try it out. This is for Vista only. I also modified the imageres.dll file here Imageres.dll for vista modified. Take ownership of each of these files in system32. Rename shell32.dll shell32.dll.old and replace the new shell32.dll file in its place. do the same for imageres.dll and you will notice some nice subtle improvements to the vista interface. If vista has the ability to have nice big beautiful icons we might as well take advantage of them!</SPAN>

<SPAN name="intelliTxt"><SPAN id=intelliTXT name="intelliTxt"><SPAN id=intelliTXT name="intelliTxt">[​IMG]heres a screenie of shell32.dll

[​IMG]heres a screenshot of imageres.</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

Jason, Mar 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

kingofnexus

I can't seeanything newfrom the normal vista icons.

kingofnexus, Mar 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question