VistaForums.com Offical Gadget

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Jason, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason

<P align=center>V1.1 is now available for download.Fixed the Year 2007 bug along with adding an extra post to the list.Plansfor a v2.0 coming up soon which will have more features.<P align=center>[​IMG]

Download Now!

Install Directions:

Once you have downloaded the .zip file:
    1. <LI>Open the file</LI><LI>Extract to the following directory: "C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets" Replace "C" with whatever the drive letter is in which you installed Vista on. </LI><LI>Once extracted if you navigate to that folder you will now see a folder named "VistaForumsV1.Gadget" along w/ the other .gadget folders.</LI><LI>Your Done! </LI><LI>Just go to your sidebar, right click &gt; "Add Gadget". And scroll down until you see the Vista Forums gadget, right click and drag it over to the sidebar.</LI>

Enjoy.

Jason, Jun 29, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

Antrax

Cool! got a problem though... winrar is telling me it cant find the path specified to extract to, even though its correct. Anyone know where the default extraction program that comes with vista is please? :crying:

Antrax, Feb 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

kingofnexus

Right Click, choose Exract All.

You will need to rename the folder so that instead of VistaForumsV1.1Gadget it says VistaForumsV11.Gadget

The only problem I have with it is that its wider than all other gadgets on the sidebar, making it look out of place and dare I say.. ugly. Hopefully Jason will reduce the width of it in v2.0.

kingofnexus, Mar 1, 2007
  4. Jason

Cheese

Hi.

Er, wht does it do? I don't download and install software I cannot identify. :unsure:

Thanks anyway.

Cheese, Mar 25, 2007
  5. Jason

dc2610

I couldn't get it to extract no matter how many times I followed all directions on this page to the letter so I just gave up.

dc2610, Oct 22, 2007
  6. Jason

cyclic

You must have a corrupt file or the program you use to unzip files has a fault, I just downloaded it and can extract the contents with Winzip, Winrar, 7z and Ace, what are you trying to decompress it with ?

cyclic, Oct 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question