Vista/XP Dual Boot -- XP boot not coming up.

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by AnthonyP, Jun 15, 2006.

1. AnthonyP

AnthonyP

Hello.

I setup a dual boot between Vista and XP this morning. Vista is on it's own partition and XP is on a different physical drive. Vista installation went smooth, no errors or problems. Went back to boot into XP. It gets past the boot screen, but when it tries to boot into XP, I can see the green screen for just a blip and it reboots. I can get into safe mode and networking just fine, but not into the full blown XP. Any ideas?

EDIT: The green screen comes and goes so fast, I can;t make out the error. But it comes up as soon as it tries to load the XP login interface.

AnthonyP, Jun 15, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. AnthonyP

AnthonyP

Wow. That was fast. I guess a couple boots into safe mode (with and without Networking) got it up and running again. No more BSOD and XP is running smoothly.

Please close topic.

AnthonyP, Jun 15, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. AnthonyP

Jason

Interesting Fix :D...I'm gona leave this open in case if benefits someone else.

Jason, Jun 15, 2006
  4. AnthonyP

twharms

I had a similar problem. I don't think the green screen is an error message, more like the video card being initialized or something. either way, when it reboots itself i just let it go and select XP again at the boot menu, then everything starts up just fine. Hope that was somewhat helpful.

twharms, Jun 15, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question