Vista Wont take me to windows after log on

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by Pangce, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Pangce

Pangce

my computer would only take me up as far as asking for log on password. after entering it however it would not log me in.

all through booting up it would display the warning msg that uxtheme.dll in system32 is currupt...please help i dont know what to do..

A recovery window wont come up so i could restore the system files to its previous state before i started seeing the warning messages...

can somebody please help?

thank you

pangce

Pangce, Apr 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Pangce

WAW8

You need to boot into safe mode. You do that by pressing F8 when you boot and keep pressing it until you see the safe mode options screen.

Once there, you could run a System Restore. If that works, you're OK.

If that doesn't work, you need to boot into command mode from safe mode and run "sfc /scannow". That will run the System File Checker, scanning the Vista OS for missing or corrupt system files. It should be able to replace them from its internal store. But if it can't, it will prompt for a Vista DVD.

WAW8, Apr 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question