Vista Wont Boot Up Properly 5/10 Times

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by NoMansLand, May 27, 2009.

1. NoMansLand

NoMansLand

Hey!

Im having alot of Issues with Vista.

Here is What Happens:

1.) Windows Media Centre Wont Work

2.) Windows Live Messenger Wont Work

If i Hard Reset My computer (Hold the Reset button for 10 Seconds) It will work, I have replaced everything! It is a Brand new System. Here are the System Specs:

Mainboard: ASUS P5QL-PRO

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz

Ram: 8.00 GB Kingston RAM (800MHz)

HDD: 2x 500GB HDD's

Graphics: ASUS 9600GT Black Pearl

Sound: Creative Auxilogy

DVD: Unknown

Blu-Ray: LG Blu-Ray

Power Supply: Corsair 650W

I have just checked my Device Manager and it says "EIO Driver Cannot Be loaded"

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

So Please Help, It is really annoying me!

P.S: It is a Custom Built Machine! I Built it My Self, and I have About 9 Years Building PC's This is the first issue like this I have come across

P.S.S: If I remove the 4GB To Make it an Even 4, IT BSOD's, So this is not an option.

NoMansLand, May 27, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. NoMansLand

WAW8

Unfortunately, your symptoms could indicate hard drive problems and/or file system corruption.

You didn't way what happens when the stuff doesn't work. Do you get the rotating circle and it just times out? Do you get a partial launch of the window panel (e.g., empty white window with only borders)?

The Code 31 message is a particularly confusing one because, while it tends to indicate that no such driver exists, in fact, the driver CAN exist and Vista simply refuses to use it. This can happen when the driver "store" gets corrupted. We have some pinned posts dealing with driver store corruption and the solution is not a simple one.

Not familiar with the EIO message, but one reference I found tied it to a RAID controllers, so are you running the two drives in a RAID configuration?

Finally, the fact that the system does boot up SOME of the time points to an intermittent problem, which adds to the suspicion of hard drive failure.

WAW8, May 27, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. NoMansLand

NoMansLand

HDD Is Fine, OS is fine, Its a Brand New HDD (5 Weeks old) and a fresh OS install.

But I think it may be the ram, as I have swapped it and Now its booting in fine.

Changed it from 4GB 1066MHz RAM to 8GB 800MHz

NoMansLand, May 27, 2009
  4. NoMansLand

WAW8

Glad to see it was such a simple fix.

WAW8, May 28, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question