vista wont boot after installing todays update!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by WeirdClayJisKOOL, Apr 3, 2007.

1. WeirdClayJisKOOL

WeirdClayJisKOOL

I installed the update released today (4/3/07) (I don't know what the update number is, sorry)

After I installed the update and finished what I was working on I restarted my computer. When I try to boot into vista I get an error. It says that this driver is corrupt:

\Windows\system32\drivers\wdf01000.sys

The error status is:

0xc0000221

It tells me to put in my install disk and do a system repair. I tired that masny times in many different ways but it didn't help. System repair said it cannot repair the file due to error:

0x246

I do not know if the problem is from the update or not, but I think it is, because when the update installed it got an error. I was not worried about it though because when I looked at the details of the error they did not seem to be anything that would affect my system, just the update.

If anyone knows how I could repair the problem please let me know. Would replacing the "corrupt" driver with one from someone else's computer work? And if so, could someone send me their wdf01000.sys file? (I can replace mine by booting into XP, which is how I am able to use my computer now)

thanks for the help!

WeirdClayJisKOOL, Apr 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. WeirdClayJisKOOL

cyclic

Have you tried restoring to the last restore point before the update, or boot into safe mode if possible and remove the update(s) in the add\remove software panel in the control panel.?

cyclic, Apr 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. WeirdClayJisKOOL

Jason

Try safemode, and rollback some drivers.

Jason, Apr 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question