Vista won't activate

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by TtotheY787, May 20, 2007.

1. TtotheY787

TtotheY787

I had a problem with my Vista so i had to reinstall it. After i reinstalled it I had to enter my activation code. I did that (i think). I tried the voice automated system and it didn't work. Can someone help me?

This is what i entered.

[​IMG]

TtotheY787, May 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. TtotheY787

Evolution

You'll probably have to call Microsoft and speak to a representative and explain your situation to them. Most of the time they will just give you a codeto enterif the story isn't too sketchy.

Evolution, May 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. TtotheY787

Quiksilver

Id say you should have no problems at all, you have a genuine key there (or at least you found a photo of one on the internet :D ), give them a ring, go through the automatic activation then it should put you through to a nice MS adviser :)

Quiksilver, May 21, 2007
  4. TtotheY787

Phantom Shinobi

Yeah, i had to reinstall mines too and it wouldnt activate..had to call and get a guy give me a activation code.

I dont know why it happened.... maybe cause i upgraded my PSU/GFX Card.... or maybe cause i did the clean Upgrade install..:D

Phantom Shinobi, May 21, 2007
  5. TtotheY787

Quiksilver

Seems the general rule is :

Change Hardware - Re-activate

Quiksilver, May 21, 2007
  6. TtotheY787

Sexynaybanks

This is an on going problem that Costco members are having also after purchasing pc's with VISTA(trail pkg). They are having to call microsoft....but I will say that if you are having this problem with a free trial offer of VISTA extended by the manufacturer of your pc....you have to call the manufacturer.

Sexynaybanks, May 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question