Vista Wireless Lag Spikes Using D-Link

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by xVersace, Apr 4, 2008.

1. xVersace

xVersace

Hi, i get constant lag spikes with my wireless internet every 30-90 seconds where my ping goes from 1ms up to3000ms, this makes online gaming almost impossible or very stressful please help.I think this is awell known problem, ive been searching on the internet fora remedyregarding this problem for some time nowbut i haveyet to findany, ivetried the Vista Anti Lag program and the WLAN Optimizer but neither of them are working for me. I am currently using a D-Link Di-524 Wireless Router and a D-Link WUA-1340 Wireless adapter on mydesktop.If anyone out there knows what i should do please reply thanks alot, and if youneed more infoabout my computer or anything to help fix the problem just let me know thank you=D.

xVersace, Apr 4, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. xVersace

WAW8

We have a couple of pinned posts here that provide some specific suggestions on troubleshooting network problems. Check them out and see if anything there helps.

WAW8, Apr 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. xVersace

Hastalavista

I have the same problem, i am using d-link too. It works somehow, but sometimes the connection freezes and I get those lag spikes. I have the dwl-922 series Di-524 wireless router and the dwl-g122 usb adapter. Any ideas?

Hastalavista, May 25, 2008
  4. xVersace

Hastalavista

Well finallyI managedto get rid off the lag spikes!

When using (perhaps then older) wireless devices in Vista you might encounter with the "vista 60 second lag problem" (just google it and see).

Getting the right drivers for the wireless dwl-g122 usb device:

Ihave the DI-524 router and the DWL-G122 usb adapter as I mentioned earlier. The DI-524 Works well while the usb adapter wasn't working so good becose of the lag spikes, I thought. I didn't install the dwl-g122 driver from the cd that I got when I purchased the wireless G kit. I have the rev. C1 and installed the 3.10 driver http://www.dlink.co.uk/?go=jN7uAYLx...NpbFqQfX/iaAcpXefr8r/Ep//JlQumBFJN2pnGn2which is for XP ServicePack3, but it worked on Vista; the setupwent slowly but it worked. That will eliminate the wlanapi.dll error and those 2 other error using the older driver on vista. That's was for thedriver software.Now the next step:

Getting rid of the lag spikes:

You might wanna try check ur ping. Click START > type cmd in the search box then ENTER
    In command prompt, type ping –t <IP>. Thepingmight go up to1000ms and more on a intervall of approx. 60 secs. Then the following could help!

Uwill need the "Vista lag control" program, with that run the auto off.bat with administrator rights, a msdosbox will show upp, just hit any key. Next step u need "vista anti-lag" -program or the "wlan optimizer" .program, your choice. Run the program, (don't close it while u play online) Try again typing ping -t <IP> in the command promt to see the ping.U should have lagless internet gaming! Worked for me, there are more ways too. Check the additional help.

Additional help:

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/105079-vista-60-second-lag-problem.html (See johnboys help)

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=vista&message.id=51434(replacing vista drivers with xp servicepacks and more)

Hastalavista, May 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question