vista will not start

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by joshuac, Jan 13, 2011.

1. joshuac

joshuac

hi

right i have a gateway ma7 or somin

its out of wranty and i hav no cds

it will start up but then nout happons exept starting windos bit then blanck screen :eek::eek::eek: the pic is it a copple of mounths ago

Attached Files:

joshuac, Jan 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. joshuac

WAW8

IF it came preloaded with Vista, there should be a Function Key you can press to bring up Startup Repair. These are typically F10 or F11 -- but they vary by make and model PC.

Also, you can try booting into SAFE mode, disabling all your startup items, and see if you can then reboot to a normal desktop.

WAW8, Jan 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. joshuac

joshuac

i cant get boot in safe mode or anythinlike that

joshuac, Jan 14, 2011
  4. joshuac

WAW8

Well .. lacking any CDs, you have only a couple of useful options at this point:
    1) Find out the precise make and model of the laptop, go to the Gateway site, look up that make and model, and look for a FAQ or downloadable manual -- that will give you info on the keys to press to invoke restore.
    2) Contact Gateway and see if they will sell you a set of full-restore Vista CDs.

Either of these will restore your laptop to it's original condition. If you want to save any files or data, you will need to do that before you do the restore.

WAW8, Jan 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question