Vista Wierd

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by alderney1965dk, Oct 17, 2007.

1. alderney1965dk

alderney1965dk

I have some weird going's on just lately. I recently tried to re-install windows vista Basic on to my pc again as I had to get rid of a couple of viruses,

So I installed it again, everything went well SO I THOUGHT, when I re-booted a second time after I installed my anti virus (AVG) and when it went past the Acer boot up process, up popped a dos screen telling me there was no Operating system installed ??? How can this be, I just installed it on a formatted Hard drive.

So I decided to put XP back on just to check the hard drive, and nothing had changed with the size of the hard drive. It did not imprint on the hard drive apparently.

Any ideas... It was working until i rebooted a second time.

All ideas would be grateful :ermm:

alderney1965dk, Oct 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. alderney1965dk

CL0N3R

Just a Thought!

But did you format the drive on quick format or the right way, ifso try reinstalling vista basic without formating quickly this time, if that doesn't work try to unplug your tower and open the side panel and remove your memry sticks and drain all your power supply with the button on the back of the tower and wait 30 sec. and plug-up your tower and then try reinstalling your vista os

CL0N3R, Oct 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. alderney1965dk

Jason

I suggest you throw you vista dvd back in, boot up with it and go into startup repair. This may fix your problem as it looks like your boot partition was not installed correctly or corrupted. That black window you see isn't a dos window just a black screen with white letters.

Jason, Oct 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question