Vista Video composite inport from a VHS video

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by swampy, Jan 21, 2008.

1. swampy

swampy

Hi Peeps

I have bought a new pc which has come with vista and a capture card in it.

Capture Card = "creatix SAA7131, Hybrid Capture Device"

I want to record my old VHS videos from my video recorder on my pc using the composite in that is on my pc but I cant for the life of me figure out how I do this.

If I go in to Media center it lets me set up teh cable setup and shows the composite picture tiny and working under composite 1 but I can not figure out how to enable this so I can record from it. Can anyone help me please?

swampy, Jan 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. swampy

WAW8

Don't have a card-specific answer -- since the manufacturer is German, and their whole site, including FAQ's, is in German.

When I did the same thing under XP, I used an ATI All-in-Wonder card and it came with software written for doing just what you want. In contrast, Vista MCE seems to be oriented toward live TV recording and live VideoCAM recording. Transfer of movies from VHS to digital video is done through a host of third-party products. However, I did find the following link:

[url]http://windowshelp.microsoft....73ecbf91-bddd-4b26-b69b-c73547565d901033.mspx [/url]

Maybe this can help.

WAW8, Jan 22, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question