Vista Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by sombster, Dec 1, 2006.

1. sombster

sombster

<DIV class=postcolor id=post-23666>Not sure if this was the correct sub-forum or not, if not I apologize, and hope that it can be moved accordingly.

I just purchased a new PC, so with that, come the start of the year I guess, I'll be getting a free upgrade to Vista. In the meantime however (after having used RC2 for some time), I've come to get used to Vista, to the point where I hate XP.

So, I'm wondering, if I were to 'upgrade' to Vista (the key I have expires I want to say May 2007), would I be able to simply change my product key, when I get my 'licensed' upgrade copy of Vista, or will I be forced to completely re-install?

I really really hate XP, so if it'd be possible to get back into Vista, without having to re-install it all over again when my CD comes (since I'd have to re-install MCE, then upgrade to Vista Home Premium).

Anyhow, is this possible, or should I just wait until the start of the year?

Thanks!
    </DIV>

sombster, Dec 1, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. sombster

babyb

this is a question that a lot of people want to know the answer to.

I answer is...we just don't know because it completly depends on decisions that microsoft make between now and then

babyb, Dec 1, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. sombster

andy

I just installed the wrong copy of vista on my laptop and it has shut down my usb port and infact all other ports on my laptop. I need to use these ports and I dont have the drivers here. How do I uninstall vista?.

andy, Aug 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question