Vista updates will not install!!!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by graham35, Dec 22, 2007.

1. graham35

graham35

Hi

I have recently installed vista ultimate on my new pc, i did it as an upgrade from xp.

Everything works fine and the pc is well up for vista showing a 4.9 in the experience index .

The problem i have is that vista has downloaded 33 updates and they will not install, when i click the start button, then the install/ shutdown button it runs through the installing procedure for about 20 minutes than shuts down, when i next reboot the system it says "configuring updates" runs like this for about 20mins then starts as normal.

When i check the installed updates, they all show as failed....

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

Graham

graham35, Dec 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. graham35

kingofnexus

kingofnexus, Dec 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. graham35

graham35

Thanks for your help, I have tried those fixes but it did not work for me

What I find is happening is that I have 33 updates in the system and they all show as failed and when I counted them I notice they are 33 different updates, plus another 33 identical to the first 33 duplicated, when I count them now they have multiplied by 8 times - same 33 x 8

I have 3 updates that have loaded successfully

Service pack 1 - for office 2007

Outlook junk mail

Capicom

Any ideas please, I have now turned off the update to stop them multiplying further - if only my wallet could do the same.

Happy holidays everyone

graham35, Dec 24, 2007
  4. graham35

yeke

I encountered a problem like you and called microsoft with phone. They suggest me to downloadthose failedupdates from: download.microsoft.com according to their codes.

you have to write the code of update you wantto thesearch box of download.microsoft.com.

i.e. : KB943537 you can see this codefrom recent updates.

after these steps my update center started to work proper. it will work for you too.

yeke, Dec 24, 2007
  5. graham35

graham35

Hi

Thanks for your help.

I have now managed to install the updates, by going to MS website and searching for the udates individually and installing them manually.

However, evry day the system trys to install them again, and automatically fails, so my list gets longer as each day passes - with the same (now only 24) updates. The ones showing failed are actually installed now and it seems that I have all the current updates intalled (i think)

My vista ultimate is activated - it was when i first loaded the software

Here is a link to my error codes

http://rs277.rapidshare.com/files/79363575/Update_failures.jpg

Sorry if I have not shown the link correctly.

Graham

graham35, Dec 27, 2007
  6. graham35

kingofnexus

There is an option in windows updates where you can stop windows update from trying to download and install them. On the updates that you know you already have, right click them in windows update and choose 'Hide Update'. Windows update will hide them and hopefully not bother trying to install them.

kingofnexus, Dec 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question