Vista Ultimate joining a domain

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by freezamike, Apr 29, 2007.

1. freezamike

freezamike

Hi,

I'm a bit stumped with this one. I am running virtual PC 2007, and have created a domain, using server 2003 enterprise edition. I have successfully added a member server to my domain(server 2003) and an XP proclient.

The fault i am having is joining a Vista Ultimate to this domain.

I have successfully added the Vista to the domain through system properties... after which you are prompted to restart..Upon login to the domain, using both a normal user account created in active directory and the default domain administrator account i get an error on login.

"you cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer please see your network administrator for more information"

This is not indicating an incorrect user name and password.. and technicly this is not loggin in remotely.

The whole domain is created using Virtual PC 2007

Has anyone else had this problem? Tips will be greatly appreciated..I am using Virtual PC 2007 as i am testing Vista before installing it.

freezamike, Apr 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question