vista strange sound problem

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jaymin, Jan 28, 2009.

1. jaymin

jaymin

hi

m using hp dv6516tx

with win vista ultimate..i ve been using it since a year. and i am facing this strange problem since a week.

i ve realtek high audio defination driver installed. now the problem is i dont get the windows sounds in following applications.

Explorer, Internet explorer, Newly Installed Poker game which is "win vista ultimate extra", win logon log off sound.however i am getting sounds in freecell, herts, minesweeper and all that old games plus in all the windows media player videos andaudio works fine. i can play the songs and videos.

i ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and devices for sound but it doenst change this behavior.

now it driving me nuts....

kindly help me asap.

thanks

jaymin, Jan 28, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. jaymin

xenomorph1138

If I'm understanding you right. It's the system sounds that you can't hear. Try left click on the little speaker on your taskbar (bottom right). Then your volume control sould show. At the bottom of the volume slider control you should see the word "mixer". Left click on "mixer". Then you should see some more volume controls. "Master Mixer", "Windows Sounds" and maybe some others. Make sure the slider is up for "Windows Sounds". If it's already up, check to be sure it's not muted. Hope that works for you.

xenomorph1138, Feb 27, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. jaymin

ulisse

I have the same problem as your but uninstalling the old driver and installing the latest version of my driver solve my problem.

I found this solution at

You can try this solution, if it doesn't work , noaudiooutput have many suggestions.

ulisse, Aug 30, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question