Vista SP1

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Marmaduke, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Marmaduke

Marmaduke

Hi all. Been a while. My son has Vista on his computer. we have a dial-up connection. I usually download large files at work and bring them home on a USB drive.

Found KB936330 Vista SP1 Five language standalone this morning. Can't get the one computer update from work. What I am trying to find out is what other updates are required before SP1 can be installed? Microsoft has KB937286 and KB947821 as recent updates.

From looking around, I'm getting the impression that SP1 might have all the updates I need and it will install what is needed prior to the SP1 install. Yes/No ?

Thanks for any help.

Marmaduke, Mar 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Marmaduke

WAW8

Just posted a KB link from MS that explains why some machines will NOT install SP1 -- due to driver conflicts. Look that over. There's also another pinned post here with link to the MS Vista 1 technet page that has other links to SP1-related info. Look that over.

WAW8, Mar 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question