Vista - Service Pack 1

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by enovativ, Mar 29, 2008.

1. enovativ

enovativ

I have a Del Dimensions 4400 that I up to one week ago, had Vista Business installed on it. As soon as I tried to apply the Service Pack 1 update on it, and re-boot the machine, I get a :

Logon Process Initialization Failure error that says :

Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more dtails.

The problem is that no matter how I tried to get it....(i.e. safe mode for example) I get the same error, and can not get past this error.

I have tried to just boot off the DVD, and re-load windows...but for some reason the Dell Dimensions 4400 does not have an option in the BIOS to boot off the DVD....which I thought was how I installed Vista Business in the first place, but for some reason it is not working now. I even tried to find if there was a way to create a Vista Book Disk (floppy)...that did not work either....

Can anyone help me out on this one !

Enovativ

enovativ, Mar 29, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. enovativ

WAW8

MS has the following article on this, but you need to be able to boot from the DVD:

[url]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940765 [/url]

You either had to be able to boot from the DVD, or you could have done an in-place upgrade from inside XP (presuming that's what was previously on the Dell).

There is no such thing as a Vista boot floppy. There are ways to make boot CDs and boot USB sticks, but not floppies. In fact, many new machines don't even come with floppy drives -- and I don't mean just laptops.

Inability to boot from CD/DVD is going to prevent almost any kind of repair.

WAW8, Mar 29, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question