Vista Screen Appearance Issue

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Josette, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Josette

Josette

Hi,

I started using Vista tonight and I have one problem with it that really bothers me. I love how clear the high resolution is, but I cannot stand how it makes everything look so small, especially text and images. It hurts my eyes and I want to be able to make the graphics and text appear as they did on my XP pc - the problem is that when I lower the resolution, the quality is absolutely awful.

Is there any way around this? Can I enlarge the text and graphics so that my websites appear "normal" (to me), without losing the resolution quality.

I have a LCD Compaq monitor, the model is FP 7317....

I'd appreciate the help. I think I might have to go back to XP if I cannot solve this. It really is a deal breaker for me.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=ctl03_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl04_lblFullMessage>

</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Josette, Jan 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Josette

WAW8

Don't understand what you really want. If you say you love the high resolution but that the text fonts are too small, change the font sizes -- but that won't change the size of the graphic images because they're rendered in pixel dimensions. The higher the resolution, the smaller the pixes. If what you want is larger images, you have to lower the resolution. You can compensate in web pages for text by choosing larger text sizes, but those don't affect the images.

WAW8, Jan 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Josette

Josette

Would a better monitor allow me to lower the resolution without losing the clarity? That's probably what I need to know.

I want to find a way to make the graphics and text (especially the graphics) appear the size I had them in XP. I can't lower the resolution on the vista pc because everything becomes too blurry on my screen. Would a newer, better monitor allow me to lower the resolution and still have clarity of text and graphics?

Josette, Jan 12, 2008
  4. Josette

Josette

I believe I have resolved my issue: I purchased a new monitor. Now I can lower the resolution and still have great graphics and text quality.

Josette, Jan 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question