Vista Registry Hacks!

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by Jason, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason

I have been browsing around the registry and created a few neat .reg files which you edit your registry for you. All you have to do, to apply the setting is run the .reg file by double clicking on your pc.

So far I have 2.

1) The first one is a right click encrypt hack, which allows you to right click files and just hit encrypt to enable EFS for the file. Instead of going through the properties.

2) The second hack disables secure desktop, which is the darkened background which makes your screen flicker when a UAC prompt comes up. I have used it for a while and its a much better experience.

We are not responsible for any problems that these hacks may cause your computer. (Although there is no reason any of them would do any harm) I do suggest backing up (Exporting) your registry before doing anything to just be safe. Just type RegEdit in the search box and go to file -> export.

Enjoy! More to Come Soon!

Jason, Mar 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

Quiksilver

"2) The second hack disables secure desktop, which is the darkened background which makes your screen flicker when a UAC prompt comes up. I have used it for a while and its a much better experience."

Excellent job!

Much better, I recommend it :)

Thanks for the post

Kev

Quiksilver, Apr 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

cyclic

You can do this from the security panel too if you want.

cyclic, Apr 21, 2007
  4. Jason

Wojman

Is the encrypt only for Vista Ultimate, or can this be used as an alternative way to encrypt for other vista users

Wojman, May 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question