vista recovery without dvd drive or restore console

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by tarabell11, Jan 13, 2010.

1. tarabell11

tarabell11

I need to reimage my machine and i dont have a vista cd i only have the certificate. Also the restore partition and recovery functions are gone. If i download a vista iso how do i run it from my harddrive

tarabell11, Jan 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. tarabell11

WAW8

Did your machine come with Vista preloaded? If so, what is the make and model of your machine?

If it came preloaded, given that the restore partition is gone, the only way you'll be able to restore your machine to its original state is to contact the machine vendor and see about obtaining full restore disks. They'll charge you for them, but it's cheaper than purchasing a full-blown retail copy.

As to downloading an ISO, I'm not aware of any legal way to do that -- and we do not support illegal activities on this board. So, if you go to a Warez site or a torrent site and grab an image that way, you're on your own.

As to restore without a DVD drive, you have to be able to boot from the image. MS did publish and make available some SW for storing a Win7 image on a USB stick, but I don't know if that's still available (because they took it down a while back), and I don't know if it can work with Vista.

WAW8, Jan 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question