Vista Product key problem

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Vista_knight, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Vista_knight

Vista_knight

ok. me and my girlfriend go out of town for the weekend. before that the computer ran fine. no problems. i have an Acer. not sure who makes it or what company its a sub for. it has Windows Vista on it.

when i get back home, i start up the computer and for some odd reason a windows comes up saying "The Windows Vista Home Premium product key you typed is invalid for activation."

last time i remember we didnt type in an activation code because we got the computer with it already installed. it gives me 3 options: 1) Access your computer with reduced functionality(this will also allow you to buya product key online.2) Type in a different product key. or 3)contact microsoft to help resolve this problem.

ive tried every option up there but none of them seem to work. the 1st option does nothing but take me to the website where i have to pay like $200 for the program. that aint going to happen. ive used the product key that was put on the side of the computer for windows vista but it wont accept it. it keeps saying that its the wrong key. the only way imable to do anything is if i get online using the 1st option(i have tabs and i can go to different websites.) but after like 30min it restarts by itself.

can someone PLEASE help

Vista_knight, Dec 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Vista_knight

TimeRanger

Somewhere on the case, there should be a sticker showing what the product key is. Try using that. If that does not work, I would take it back to where you purchased it from

TimeRanger, Dec 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Vista_knight

yeke

OK. your product key seems to fall into blacklist. some crackers have a way that can use pre-activated keys.probably the only thing that you can do is callin' microsoft services.

best regards

yeke, Dec 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question