Vista pre RC build 5536

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by Aranarth, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Aranarth

Aranarth

For those of your who were able to grab the download before they closed it i was able to use one of my old PID codes to start the install.

If you were able to donwload it try an old code and see if it works.

It is installing right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Aranarth, Aug 30, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Aranarth

Aranarth

Ok I got it installed.

It is only windows Vista Basic,

The version is the same as what I mentioned however it also mentioned that it is an eveluation copy only.

So far it seem the same as 5472.

Aranarth, Aug 30, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Aranarth

GMK

Vista build 5536 works well with a few problems that are likely related to third party folks. This is the first release that my touchpad and Realtek sound came right up after installation. The main exception was the ATI catalyst control center for my graphics card. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I get the resolutions I want fine and 3D works but the control center where you tweak the 3d settings doesn't function. Last i looked, ATI still has the beta 2 (May 2006) version on the download site. I'll advise them, as if they don't already know.

5536 appears to be faster, there is a compatability wizard (haven't tried it but maybe I should on the ATI stuff) sound works fine, UAC seems to be not as obnoxious as before (maybe they put some smarts in it so when you give it permission once it remembers it?). Only had it up for a day, but all in all the best build yet and close to primetime. Bye the bye, mine came up in Ultimate!

GMK, Aug 31, 2006
  4. Aranarth

GMK

Forgot to mention, it doesn't like Avast anti-virus software. I've got it running but there's a perpetual warning in the taskbar. Trend micro didn't like the last build, and CA had some problems earlier on ( I forget what) so perhaps we're being nudged into MS One Step?

GMK, Aug 31, 2006
  5. Aranarth

Jason

How long was this download out before it was replaced by rc1?

Jason, Sep 3, 2006
  6. Aranarth

Yoni5002

I am currently running Vista 5600 RC1. I have no issues at all, actually I didn't have issues with the 5536 either... I'm gonna give you a little tip.... Wanna get rid of most of the problems you guys are having with these releases??? Simply turn the UAC OFF, restart and Viola!! Most of the programs that gave you headaches, etc will be sussccesfully installed... It has work great for me and I have no problems with my current build.... Good luck

[​IMG]

If you want to see more screenshots from My Windows Vista just click here

Yoni5002, Sep 3, 2006
  7. Aranarth

doghucat

I have build RC 1 also and jsut about everything I install works fine and I have another tip for people who know how to use the admin account go into services and enable the main administator account and log in and run on that account insted of user administrator and you will see no uac popup at least I do not and i am usaing Untimate version also installed MS word 2000, Streets and Maps 2004, Photoshop, Asus Probe, Bc Wipe, Trend Micro Antivirus and Firewall, bit-torrent, SB Live Drivers install but have a problem with the rest of the features, regsupreme but cannot use delets thing you need,Money 2004. Well seens to be very stable build and always do a clean install.

doghucat, Sep 3, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question