Vista overwriting my sound device driver???

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Rogmaus, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Rogmaus

Rogmaus

At the moment i am using Vista Home Premium 64bit. The problem is though, that when i reboot my machine Windows decides to uninstall my sound driver for a generic 'High Definition Audio Device'.

Unfortunatley this driver doesnt work (Although in Device Manager it says thats the device is working)

I have tried Installing the correct driver through the device manager but Windows Insists its Generic Driver is best.

My Realtek driver can be installed and will work but once i've rebooted it disappears leaving me with no sound but an OS that says all working perfectly.??

ANyone know how to solve this issue as i can find no reference to it anywhere else

Current system is

Athlon Dual core 3800 (2.0ghz x2)

4gb DDR2 Ram

ATI HD 3870 Graphics

Asus M2V motherboard with onboard Realtek Soundcard

Rogmaus, Jan 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Rogmaus

WAW8

Note: Moved this post to this Forum because it's a question about drivers.

See my "pinned" post about removing device drivers from Vista.

Also, if you have Windows Update set to automatic, change that to Notify only. This will prevent Windows Update from automatically installing drivers in the future.

WAW8, Jan 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question