Vista Networking

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by Rodan, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Rodan

Rodan

Hello,

I've joined the Vista Forum from warm and sunny San Diego. I just purchased a new HP SlimLine with Vista and have been successful in launching the new system and connecting to my wireless router system, an older D-link system. The problem I'm having is the new Vista software can not see my other machines on my wireless system including XP and 2000 based computers. I've tried all of the fixes in Vista including making sure a private network has been selected, the LLTP (or whatever its named) is operating, etc. Also, my older computers can see the Vista machine on the network but can not access it. What am I doing wrong in the wireless network setup?

Any input and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rodan

Rodan, Feb 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Rodan

Crispy

Go over you network settings and see that vista fill sharing is on. If the older computers are asking for a user name and password, type in your log on name and the password that you have on the vista. This may solve the problem with the older computers not seeing vista.

For vista to see the other computers:

Make sure you mapped the network correctly

Crispy

Crispy, Feb 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question