Vista Network Performance Reduced when playing music?

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by Jason, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason

"Over the months since Vista's release, there has been no doubt about the reduced level of network performance experienced compared to Windows XP. However, some users over at the 2CPU forums have discovered an unexplained connection with audio playback resulting in a cap at approximately 5%-10% of total network throughput. Whenever any audio is being sent to a sound card (even, several users report, while paused), network performance is instantly reduced. As soon as the audio is stopped, the throughput begins to climb to its expected speed. It's a tough one for users — what do you pick, sound or speed? So much for multi-tasking."

http://it.slashdot.org/it/07/08/21/1441240.shtml

Jason, Aug 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

khisel

When I saw this on that other website I did some testing with my Dell E1505 with SigmaTel sound system and there was no network speed difference when playing music and when not playing. This could be the result of Vista sound drivers on certain legacy machines.

khisel, Aug 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

AmericanNightmare

A lot of folks are experiencing conflicts between Sigmatel audio and certain wireless cards as well.

AmericanNightmare, Aug 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question