Vista Monitor Won't shut down

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by GeeBee, Dec 10, 2007.

1. GeeBee

GeeBee

Have new Dell PC w/Vista; however, just recently noticed that the the monitor is still awake when I've set the power saving settings to go off after 45 minutes. It use to shut itself down, so don't know what changed it. I just checked my settings again, and they are set to shut down the monitor after 45 minutes. How do I make it go off?

GeeBee, Dec 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. GeeBee

kingofnexus

Your monitor wont turn off completely, it will just go into standby mode. If your monitor is not going into standby mode (ie you can still see windows) thats when you have a problem. I expect the latter, but you have to specify.

kingofnexus, Dec 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. GeeBee

GeeBee

I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I have a screen saver made up of family photos; however, when I'm away from my computer a couple of hours or at night, it still plays the screen saver instead of shutting it down after 45 minutes, it doesn't go into standby mode.

GeeBee, Dec 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question