VISTA MMCSS -- Not Working. RED X AUDIO

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by daredevil96, Jan 8, 2011.

1. daredevil96

daredevil96

Hi, I have been having problems with my audio not working. I have been dealing with this for a few days now.....I'm trying not to re-install windows vista. After reviewing a ton of info.....I'm now sure my audio problem is with the multimedia class scheduler service (MMCSS). The MMCSS is a dependency of windows audio. When I checked MMCSS in services I found that in services under description MMCSS has a "FAILED". When I try to start the service I get an error "could not start on local computer -- error 193: 0xc1". I would then right click on MMCSS in services and hit refresh....nothing happens. I then right clicked and clicked on properties: I got "configuration manager: general internal error occurred". So it looks like my audio RED X problem lies with the MMCSS.

I reviewed different threads on the internet and some say to remove MMCSS, reinstall Vista, Re-install sound cards?, and a bunch of other ideas. I'm sure which way to go with this......and advice? I have a dell laptop / inspiron 1545 Vista 32 bit. I appreciate any advice.

daredevil96, Jan 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. daredevil96

daredevil96

problem solved......re-installed vista OS

daredevil96, Jan 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question