vista lossing drivers/files

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by kits_hacker, Dec 9, 2007.

1. kits_hacker

kits_hacker

so i come to wonder, for the past probably 2 or 3 months I've been loosing my graphics card drivers and re-installing them every other day, it will pop up at the start up "cannot find nvcl.dll or something, that and msn messenger will re-install itself, outlook will want to re-install, alot of my desktop icons, and or programs will just disappear.

I have norther, ad-aware yet nothing ever comes up as a virus or anything, decided to take it to Future Shop as its still on warrenty, they told me it was from Need for Speed having incompatabilty issues with directx 10, so I stopped playing it yet still having the same fucking problems, today I found a website that let me check the "vista readiness" and says I only have 449 MB's of ram, and minimum is 1gig, so just curious as to could this have been my whole problem all along? could lacking ram cause vista to like, forget shit it had placed on it from the start?

kits_hacker, Dec 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. kits_hacker

WAW8

The advice you are getting is bogus -- no game, no matter how incompatible, is going to cause the kinds of problems you have been experiencing. At most, the game will cause the machine to freeze and/or crash. If you're not going to play Need for Speed, you would be best uninstalling it.

My advice? Take the machine back to where you bought it and demand that they either fix it or give you a refund.

WAW8, Dec 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question