Vista Home Premium - Media Center

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by poqonos, Jan 15, 2008.

1. poqonos

poqonos

All,

I have purchased a laptop recently which came with Pre installed Windows Vita Home Premium. When I launch Media Center, I do not see the InternetTv option under TV. I updated my laptop with all available windows update. I do haveVista Ultimate on my work laptop and I see InternetnetTV.

My question is whether IntenetTV is an option for Vista Home Premium? If so how can i get that?

Thanks in advance,

/poqonos

poqonos, Jan 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. poqonos

MrMagic

To my knowledge, Internet TV is not an option in Media Center. If you have a TV Tuner card, it will of course allow you to receive TV that way but as far as actual Internet TV, I do not believe it is supported or capable of that. There are several other 3rd party apps out there that allow this, but I'm not aware of any that run inside the Media Center.

Steve

MrMagic, Jan 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. poqonos

Jason

Jason, Jan 16, 2008
  4. poqonos

MrMagic

Interesting, perhaps I should go back and take a closer look at Premium but I don't recall seeing anything like this. I was just getting ready to purchase an Internet TV pacakge but if its available in Media Center after all, or is an Ultimate only perk, it might be enough to make me go ahead and upgrade to Ultimate and save the cost of the 3rd party Internet TV package, although I suspect the 3rd party package will allow access to a LOT more content. I'll recheck it in Premium and let everyone know.

Steve

MrMagic, Jan 17, 2008
  5. poqonos

Tinman

i recently purchased the pinnacle pctv usb stick.....picks up cable, digital and analog signalsand it works great. looks like a large usb flash drive.

Tinman, Jan 17, 2008
  6. poqonos

Jason

I only tried using the internet tv once, and it didnt work very well. My media pc is a 2.4ghz w/ 1 GB of ram and onboard video extended to my xbox 360. The tv was jumpy, probably just my hardware though.

Jason, Jan 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question