VISTA Home Premium Installation Failure

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Skrewbydoo, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Skrewbydoo

Skrewbydoo

I just purchased an OEM version of VISTA Home Premium. I am attempting a New install booting from the DVD. As soon as the progress bar during the "Windows Files Loading" reaches the end, the screen goes blank for a moment before indicating an error. The Windows Boot Manager window opens to inform me that "Windows failed to start. A recent harware or software change might be the cause ...."

Info: An unexpected error has occurred.

I do not know why this is occurring. I have tested the DVD and it works on an other system. I have reseated all cards including memory in the system. I have updated the bios to the most recent version. I have tested memory (all passed). I have swapped out memory with no improvement.

Can anyone shed some light on what might be the cause of my woes?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Skrewbydoo!

Skrewbydoo, Jan 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Skrewbydoo

Blankfrank

Do you have any unnecessary USB devices plugged in?

I've had similar failures with XP due to a webcam - it might be worth pulling any non-essentials till the install is complete.

Blankfrank, Feb 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Skrewbydoo

JanSr

I have exactle the same problem.

Also with all USB connectors unplugged. Even, this oneI forgot initially, the USB connection for the cardreader unit.

Wh knows the solution?

JanSr, Feb 10, 2007
  4. Skrewbydoo

CBrown185

I am also having this problem. I am fairly certain it is not the memory or hard drive. It must have something to do with the bios settings - possibly ACPI??? I am nervous about performing a bios update, I have a dead MSI K8VSE Deluxe as a result of a failed update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System Details:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

WD 3200AAKS - 320GB Sata2

ECS GF6100-M754 Motherboard

2x 512MB PC3200 RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3650 PCI Express Graphics Card

I am attempting to install Vista Home Premium 64bit. I wish I could kick the Vista team in the nads.

CBrown185, Nov 2, 2008
  5. Skrewbydoo

WAW8

Are you attempting a new installation, or a reinstallation? Either way, are you inserting a disk (or USB stick) with the SATA drivers as part of the installation?

If not, that's most likely the problem in that Vista doesn't automatically load SATA drivers when it installs, and you will need to download the SATA drivers from the motherboard site, save them to diskette (or USB stick), and when you attempt to install Vista again, press F6 to get a prompt to load drivers, and load the SATA drivers.

WAW8, Nov 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question