Vista Home Premium Install Problem...Please Help!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by theinitiator, Feb 2, 2007.

1. theinitiator

theinitiator

Hello,

I am currenly trying to install Windows Vista Home Premium on a HP dv5000 series laptop. It has a 100 GB hdd, a dual core celeron 1.7 Ghz processor, and 1 GB of RAM. We tried to upgrade the system from Windows XP Media Center and got an error of STOP: c000021a: The NT Initial Command Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status 0xc000000a (0x00000000) (Whatever Windows means by those numbers...) Anyway, I then completely wiped the HDD and reformatted using PartitionMagic, creating a primary NTFS partition. We booted from the CD drive and the windows "loading files screen" came up. The gray bar got all the way to the right and then loaded a screen that had the "scrolling bar" in the middle of the screen. After that screen, we got a black screen with a white cursor, that WAS controllable. After about 10 seconds on that screen, the computer just SHUTS DOWN COMPLETELY. I have tested the memory, processor, MB, and HDD and all of them have passed. I have been working on computers for quite some time and have never really seen this problem before. I would appreciate any light anyone might be able to shed on this topic. I called Microsoft and of course they told me that it was a hardware issue. Any help you could offer would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

-w

theinitiator, Feb 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. theinitiator

theinitiator

I just tried it again, and now I am getting the following BSOD error:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x0010034c).
    The system has been shut down.

Any ideas? Thanks...All hardware passed all tests, btw.

1. Advertisements

3. theinitiator

doghucat

You have a cd of Vista or a DVD and a DVD drive in the system. Just wondering and I guess you do by the spec I got off google . Are you trying to install on a clean 100gig formated harddrive or is Media edition on another partition, and I guess you ran the Vista compatability wizard plus is says on the net it is Vista ready. Sorry I can't be of much more help.

doghucat, Feb 2, 2007
  4. theinitiator

theinitiator

it is a clean 100g formatted HDD and yes, the system is 100% compatible...any ideas? Thanks...

5. theinitiator

snorbaard

Other than saying that it shouldn't happen, not much :)

What you could do, is to make sure there is NOTHING additional plugged into the system while installing Vista. No keyboards, mouses, network connections. Nothing.

Also check whether the install media is in good condition - I'm assuming this is a bought copy and not a downloaded/burned copy?

snorbaard, Feb 14, 2007
  6. theinitiator

Crispy

Do not partition the hard drive with partition magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

instead go to custom in the installation and it will give the tools to create partitions. This is because vista uses a different form of NTFS.

Crispy

Crispy, Feb 15, 2007
  7. theinitiator

VistaRocks

While your booted in XP you can use Paragon partition manager to create a partition for VISTA, its what i used and it works like a charm.

VistaRocks, Feb 15, 2007
  8. theinitiator

Jason

I got a BSOd when installing Vista RC1, I then updated my motherboard bios and it worked fine.

Jason, Feb 15, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question