Vista going crazy on me!!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by bigwood383, Feb 12, 2007.

1. bigwood383

bigwood383

ive had vista home premium installed for about 2 weeks now, no problems what so ever, now starting yesterday its going crazy. For starters when i run an app that uses my vid card(8800 gtx) the screen will flicker and a message pops up on the bottom saying my video card drivers have crashed and recovered. i am running the latest beta drivers for my card and it worked fine with these drivers for a while why is it going crazy now??????

Also my control panel wont open, search feature searches for 10-15 minutes and finds nothing(even if i tell it to search for something that i know for sure is there) if i right click the desktop and hit personalize.. nothing. And im still trying to figure out what else is going wrong with this thing.

I made no driver or software changes to have caused this and i am totally at a loss, im considering wiping the hard drive and putting xp back on a few guys i know are having nothng but problems with vista.

Any help would be much appreciated.

bigwood383, Feb 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. bigwood383

VistaRocks

Go here and find latest drivers, hopefully that will help. Good luck. Just remember that VISTA just came out so have some patience with it and the hardware drivers. Like you said the drivers your using are beta so they will be buggy.

VistaRocks, Feb 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. bigwood383

bigwood383

Im lost, i installed the drivers from the link you sent me(which im pretty sure were the ones i had but i reinstalled anyway) and rebooted and im still getting the same thing.

im still lost on why my control panel wont open and lots of other windows features as well asi just learned my AIM wont open(which ive been running with no problems untill today.

bigwood383, Feb 12, 2007
  4. bigwood383

w59cb83x

You should try a system restore. Might help. If you don't want to do that thanI would suggest reinstalling through Vista. When your in Vista, put your DVD in and when it asks you, choose upgrade. It might take awhile but it should fix all of your problems.

w59cb83x, Feb 12, 2007
  5. bigwood383

bigwood383

i thought about whiping but i really dont want to so if i do it through vista like you say it will save all my stuff?

bigwood383, Feb 12, 2007
  6. bigwood383

w59cb83x

Yup, all your information will be saved if you choose the upgrade option. :)

w59cb83x, Feb 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question