Vista gave me Blue Screen of Death!,

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Jason, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Jason

Jason

First I try doing a fresh install on a clean hard drive (WD 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA), but had issues loading VIASRAID driver for Vista Build 5219 it keep saying that it can't find driver when I have it on a floppy/CD/usb thumdrive. I try 32bit version of the driver and beta amd64 version and still no luck.

So I try installing my Media Center back on and do an upgrade. It seem to be working but then the Blue Screen of Death appear after it reboot to continue installation.

(IMG:http://www.nyk6.com/images/vista/vista01.jpg)
    (IMG:http://www.nyk6.com/images/vista/vista02.jpg)
    (IMG:http://www.nyk6.com/images/vista/vista03.jpg)
    (IMG:http://www.nyk6.com/images/vista/vista04.jpg)

I know there's nothing wrong with my hard drive (WD 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA). I ran several test on it and even replaced it with one of my other drive (WD 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA). They both pass DFT and also memory test.

Jason, Oct 4, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

afeher

Try to install win XP, install driver for you hard diskand than overwrite it with VISTA. Maybe...

afeher, Oct 16, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

TheWindowsAlternative

brace yourself, friend. there's more where that came from.

TheWindowsAlternative, Feb 17, 2006
  4. Jason

chags

Hi,

I am not sure whatz the bluescreen error message is.. however, you can try doing startup recovery.

follow the steps if you wish to do it..

1. boot with your vista cd you will see two options install now and Repair os.

2. After selecting Repair os, selct start up recovery option.

Restart the computer i am sure you will not get them again.. if the above step doesn't work, you can try systemrestore but be aware to back up your stuff. if this doesn't work, we have to do BCDEDIT. I am sure above step will fix it.. let me know..

<STRIKE></STRIKE>

chags, Sep 28, 2006
  5. Jason

tlionhart

I had that. I updated my grpahics drivers...HOPEFULLY that has resolved the issue.

For example i clicked the power button looking tab, the one that puts your computer to sleep or something...like standby?
    And the screen of death appeared...it was like a james bond film, you got 15secs to read a page of errors...

It seems to have resolved the issue...Im using the ATI radeon x1600 graphics card, i found an beta of the driver on the ATI site, downloaded and ran that.

STEP 2....get my internet connection up and running...

tlionhart, Jan 31, 2007
  6. Jason

msethk

Nobody seems to have an answer for this problem after experiencing the problem so here's my collection of information!

I installed Vista Ultimateon my DELL E1505 Laptop. Everything went great and it was running like a champ. I did several reboots and everything was running smoothly. Then I went to dell.com and download the new graphics drivers for vista. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1400. Vista had the drivers pre-installed, but I thought I would get the manufacturer's drivers. Next reboot.... BOOM... I get the blue screen of death.

To fix the problem. I booted into safe mode and deleted the ATI Catalyst Center and all it's crap that it includes and then tried to reboot normal and it works and I haven't had a problem since.

I'm not sure if this is everyone's problem with this bluescreen, but it appears to be mine!

EDIT: I reinstalled the ATI Catalyst Center and then did a Windows Update and got the latest Radeon X1400 driver. Seems fine so far...

msethk, Feb 11, 2007
  7. Jason

tuffyale

Its any of the following

1. video drivers need updating

2. RAM errors

3. registry errors

tuffyale, Aug 26, 2008
  8. Jason

WAW8

Why did you bump this after 18 months of inactivity, especially when the poster indicated that their problem is solved??

WAW8, Aug 27, 2008
  9. Jason

quasar

If you are keen on not seeing old threads revived, you should disable posting to them.

quasar, Aug 27, 2008
  10. Jason

WAW8

We leave posts open so that people can add information, especially in the case where a post has gone unresolved. Sometimes there's a new wrinkle on an old post. Or sometimes, someone comes up with a different solution. Since we never know when these will happen, we leave the posts open.

In this case, I felt that bumping an 18 month old post just to add some generic comments was unwarranted.

As an example of how a post SHOULD be bumped, see the Wireless Connection problem post in the Networking forum, and look at the "insats" post. That person added specific details on how they fixed the problem. That update is something worth sharing.

So, in anticipation of other such contributions, we will continue to leave the posts open.

WAW8, Aug 27, 2008
  11. Jason

wordzenpix

Jason, just had the same problem last night. I was updating drivers and -- death. Tried several times to reboot, blue crash. Third time it made it to the final screen and its little happy sound but strangled into a stuttering note, gave the bsod and shut down again. I'm now up in safe mode and reluctant to do anything without some advice. This is a brand new Gateway computer that lasted two days before bsod. Help.

wordzenpix, Oct 20, 2008
  12. Jason

wordzenpix

I use mostly Mac but have to have a PC on hand to do certain things. Toshiba laptop w/XP became intolerable, so I bought a Gateway tower, 3ghz RAM, 2.1ghz 3-core AMC phenom, a real screamer. But what good is it, if you can't use it? The Gateway was two days old when Vista went vicious.

None of my Macs (3) have ever crashed.

wordzenpix, Oct 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question