Vista Fraud????

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by spog777, Oct 20, 2009.

1. spog777

spog777

Hi,

I bought what was advertised as a legitimate copy of vista ultimate @32 & 64 discs. Im having a hell of a time validating it and upon contacting the seller was told to download a file from Hotfile.com to activate the verification. This sounds suspect to me so Im left feeling i have a copy (pirated) imitation-albeit a damn good one. Are my concerns valid or is this hotfile procedure legit

cheers

spog

spog777, Oct 20, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. spog777

WAW8

Hotfile is one of the more well-known file "sharing" systems, all of which seem to be devoted almost entirely to pirated sofware, cracks, and activation hacks.

MS Windows OSs are self-activating -- all that is needed to activate any MS OS is a valid license key.

If your OS supplier is telling you do download a file, they're probably trying to get you to apply one of the activation-cracking schemes.

To me, this is pretty much a guarantee that the copy you bought is NOT genuine.

If you contact MS about this, they may be willing to provide you a free or discounted copy in return for information about the supplier.

The link to the MS site is below:

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/ [/url]

WAW8, Oct 21, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question