Vista Error code: 0x8004245F

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by strat66, Jan 17, 2008.

1. strat66

strat66

Hey guy I'm new,

I had vista installed on my machine a couple fo days ago. Then one fo my Hard drives fried for an unknown reason. So im going to try it again. But for some reason, I dont know. Im getting this error now:

"Windows could not create partotion on disk 0. The error ocurred while preparing the computer's volume. Error code: 0x8004245F

I can find nothing of the sort anywhere on the web. I looked everywhere. Now im turning to support. If any of you guys can help me out.It just so frustrating i had it installed3 days ago and now this? It bad that i lost all my files,music, and movies... But now this??? Well if anybody can help me out i would be so appreciative...

strat66, Jan 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. strat66

kingofnexus

Your not trying to install vista onto the hard drvie thats broke are you?

If you had multiple drives going originally, were they in a raid setup, or were they just each a seperate drive?

If you went into your computer to remove the bad drive you may have loosened or not connected properly the new drive. If they are old style IDE drives then you need to make sure the master/slave switches are set correctly. If they're SATA then just make sure that both the SATA and power cable are firmly in place on both the drive and the motherboard. Remember to check the connections on the motherboard as most people overlook this and it usually the cause of drives not working properly after a hardware change/ reshuffle.

kingofnexus, Jan 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. strat66

WAW8

There's a post on the MS technet forums that associates this problem with Vista Home Server, and in the error log, it has reference to "dynamic" volumes.

So, I suspect that your question on using RAID may have hit upon the very problem.

WAW8, Jan 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question