Vista DVD drive won't display burned dvd files :-(

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by gdhans, Aug 2, 2007.

1. gdhans

gdhans

Dell Inspiron 1501
    Windows Vista Home Basic
    AMD Turion 64 x2 Processor Dual Core
    1GB RAM
    80 GB HD
    DVD+RW x8

Hey

Situation 1: My friend gave me a cd containing photos and videos on it. I inserted it into the DVD drive. 'My Computer' showed the CD to contain 600MB of data, and the rest was free space. But when I clicked into the folder it appeared totally empty. It said "Drag files here to burn to CD".
    I then put the CD intoa friend'sPC (also Dell - with Windows XP) and I was able to view the files.

Situation 2: I burned a DVD successfully using Nero Burning ROM. However when I re-inserted the dvd into my computer it showed the DVD to contain 4GB of data, and the rest was free space, but just as before, when I clicked into the folder it appeared totally empty, saying just "Drag files here to burn to DVD".

Also, it can read DVDs (the same brand and speed etc.) that I burned with XP on my old computer.

This is driving me crazy because my hard-drive is almost completely full and I need to stick a load of files onto DVD to free up my hard-drive because my computer is running so slowly at the moment.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Any solutions??

Thanks!

gdhans, Aug 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question