Vista drivers won't work for my flash drive

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Jack of Speed, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Jack of Speed

Jack of Speed

I can't get either one of my flash drives to work on my new Toshiba laptop. Basically the only USB device that will work at this point is a mouse. I update the drivers, and then get the code 1 error message stating that while the appropriate drivers were found, there was a problem loading them. Anyone know anything about this?

Jack of Speed, Nov 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Jack of Speed

cyclic

How about a bit of detail on the system ? CPU, chipset etc; and which drivers, from where and what version have you tried?

cyclic, Nov 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Jack of Speed

Jack of Speed

Okay, I'll get that info for you. Thanks!

Jack of Speed, Nov 1, 2007
  4. Jack of Speed

joker47man

is your system installing the drivers after searching Windows Update?

joker47man, Nov 13, 2007
  5. Jack of Speed

scb222

yeah me too. i have a new toshiba a305d-s6831, running home premium sp1, and im inclined to blame the sp1 for all the usb balls up with this new vista. no-one seems to be able to give any useful advice of rectifying the usb driver probs. ive heard a runor that ultimate doesnt have these probs. can anyone confirm that???

scb222, Jul 9, 2008
  6. Jack of Speed

WAW8

There are some pinned posts you can read here in this Forum about dealing with driver problems in various ways -- but unfortunately, there is no "miracle cure" for Vista.

I'm using both Business and Ultimate, and unlike others, have NOT run into any of the driver problems that others report related to USB and/or external hard drives. Everything I plugin just seems to work OK. Am using 32-bit version of both; can't address 64-bit issues.

WAW8, Jul 9, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question