Vista Desktop icons have a tiny frame around it - how to disable it?

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by jkphua, Mar 24, 2007.

1. jkphua

jkphua

There seems to be some problem with some of my desktop icons.

Some of them appear without a tiny frames on it. Some do.

Any idea how i can remove the frame? I've attached a screenshot of how it looks on my vista desktop.

jkphua, Mar 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. jkphua

xPhantomx

Well I've went blind straining my eyes at your picture trying to see the tiny borders around your icons and I don't see any.

On my pc I see a frame around the icons when I move them around on my desktop, but onceI place them, the frame disappears. I'm guessing that the frame that appears is just there so you know where the edges are, for people who like to manually place and space their icons on their desktops neatly??!!

xPhantomx, Apr 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. jkphua

Jason

try right clicking your desktop > view > un check show icons, and go back and re-check it. See if they refresh.

Jason, Apr 5, 2007
  4. jkphua

cyclic

I had a hard time making out what you meant from your pic. perhaps it's the background colour or size and bit depth, I don't know. The only thing I can say for sure is that I don't get them unless I havea make a black background but it's very faint.

cyclic, Apr 7, 2007
  5. jkphua

kingofnexus

They are there because you have zoomed the size of the icons, possibly accidently. To fix just right click the desktop > view > medium icons .

That should fix it.

kingofnexus, Apr 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question