Vista Desktop Disappeared

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Hamp, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Hamp

Hamp

I need help ASAP! I have a Toshiba Satellite P105 S9337 a year old running Vista Premium. Recently, I updated and backed up my system. I boot up and after several seconds all my icons including the taskbar disappears! I can see and move the mouse icon and the background but clicking on the screen does nothing.

I can start IE or any browser or ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER! I the keyborad is not locked, it just doesn't respond after everthing disappears. I have to power down and reboot in order to even get my browser up or boot up in safe mode with networking which is like have Vista basic with xp tendancies! HELP! I can even get online or do anything without being quick and not allowing the desktop to disappear. My boot disks don't seem to work because the drive won't auto start! I need help now!:crying:

I CANNOT RIGHT CLICK OR OPEN ANY APPS! I JUST HAPPEN TO GET LUCKY AND OPEN MY BROWSER THIS TIME TO TYPE THIS! I have access to two other laptops but they are running XP. I need help NOW!:exclamationmark:

Hamp, Jan 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Hamp

blackhat

start task manager (ctrl-shift-esc)

goto the applications tab and click on "New Task"

type "explorer" in the dialog and press ENTER

and see the icons APPEAR :D

blackhat, Jan 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Hamp

Hamp

Thanks! Hope this works if my desktop goes out again. I just rebooted and so far so good!

Hamp, Jan 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question