Vista Crashing, Corrupt or missing system files :/

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by K0iC4rp, Jul 6, 2010.

1. K0iC4rp

K0iC4rp

Hello, recently i've been crashing much more than i used to when I am multitasking. I also installed a chinese program and uninstalled it after it was failing(which is no virus, addware yada yada) but from that point things where going a bit pear-shaped. I lost a load of programs (beginning with A) and I am getting more space because files are being deleted somwhere, at the moment i 'gained' about 20GB!!

I did a system check in cmd and found missing or corrupt files and these are the files..
    there's an attachment showing the system fileswhich I'm having trouble with because macromedia programs got deleted!!! help!

I dont know what to do and how to stop the files being deleted! :( I also dont know how to get the system files..

please help

EDIT: should I use system restore??

K0iC4rp, Jul 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. K0iC4rp

WAW8

System Restore might work, but in our General Technical forum,we have a pinned post on repairing and recovering system files, using sfc /scannow. Follow the instructions in that link, booting from a Vista DVD and using the command line options. That generally works better than running the command inside Vista while it's running.

WAW8, Jul 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question