Vista crashes on performance test...

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Tha*Lunat!k, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Tha*Lunat!k

Tha*Lunat!k

Ok so this JUST began happening today. I have been using Vista Ultimate for a week or two now without any issues.

I came home and noticed the computer was in hybrid sleep, or appeared to be. I tried to revive it, but aside from the hard drive activity light occasionally blinking it seemed that nothing worked. I pushed power and restarted it finally.

Upon boot I went and messed around with the comp as usual, and then after a bit played some Dreamfall. Randomly about 10 minutes into playing the game seemed to freeze up, though the music continued playing and the hard drive activity light would blink from time to time. After some attempted alt-tabbing and trying to bring up the Task Manager I just pushed restart on the case.

When I got back to Windows I figured for the hell of it I'd check slmgr -dlv to check my, umm, time remaining before I must activate, and it brings up this error for the first time ever:

[​IMG]

So I view the Properties of Computer and under System it reads my Rating: as blank, Processor: and Memory: as Not Available. If I try and use the Performance test, nearly halfway through either the monitor goes into power save as if no signal is being sent or the computer up and reboots altogether.

I rolled back the video driver to the system-provided WDDM driver and no diff, reinstalled 97.46 and it still does it. Any ideas?

Tha*Lunat!k, Feb 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Tha*Lunat!k

Tha*Lunat!k

I don't know if this is related in some way, but somewhere around 4 days ago (before these other problems) I noticed that my network connection indicator has a red X as if there is no Internet, but everything network-related continues to function without any problem.

If I hover over that indicator it lists "Network connection status: Unknown" and below that says "Server execution failed." I ran a system restore but could only go back two days and the problem has occurred since before that (wish I woulda thought of it sooner to see if it fixes it).

Tha*Lunat!k, Feb 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question