Vista crash after login

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by zimbra, Mar 21, 2009.

1. zimbra

zimbra

I have been running vista for over three months without any issues whatsoever when all of a sudden my computer began to lock up during web browsing (it could be wider than web browsing, but I just haven't done anything else lately). The system would lock up and in some instances firefox would turn gray , the system locks up with internet explorer as well. It was like the old days before I had a quad core, it was acting like the system was maxed out, but I know it couldn't have been. Sometimes the system would unlock and I would be able to close the web browser and turn off the system normally, but most of the time I would need to hold down the power button. In each instance that I was required to hold the power button the system would not restart (it would lock up in the screen that gives me the option to boot from cd/dvd). I repaired the operation system, with the vista disk, about three times. I was able to recover the system a few times but it would still have the same problem. This brings me to the latest... Since the last time I was forced to hold the power button, my computer will load all the way to the log in screen, but after I enter my password the system goes bsod. The system will boot in safe mode and as far as I can tell the freezing is not taking place in safe mode ( I haven't been doing much in safe mode thought so it's not safe to tell)

The technical information from the blue screen is:

stop: 0x00000051 (0x00000001, 0x88223518, 0x00DEF000, 0x00000368)

The "windows has recovered from a serious error" info is:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:BlueScreen

OS Version:6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID:1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:51

BCP1:00000001

BCP2:88223518

BCP3:00DEF000

BCP4:00000368

OS Version:6_0_6001

Service Pack:1_0

Product:768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

D:\Windows\Minidump\Mini032109-06.dmp

D:\Users\Ethan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-53523-0.sysdata.xml

D:\Users\Ethan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER582D.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

any help would be great! I've tried everything in my computer knowledge and I'm stumped

system specs:

Intel Q6600 oc'd to 2.93

Windows vista home premium 32 bit

2gb ddr2 800

nvidia geforce 8500

zimbra, Mar 21, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. zimbra

WAW8

Stop code 0x51 is a Registry Error. For help in diagnosing stop code errors, see the pinned post in our General Technical forum.

Also, notice that your overclocking. While that is not SUPPOSED to cause any problems (I do it on my main machine all the time), you never know when it will. Suggest clocking back to normal speed and see if that stops the problems.

WAW8, Mar 22, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. zimbra

zimbra

Hey, thanks for the reply! I've seen that Forum entry and I've attempted to follow the steps, but when I try to install the debugger I receive a message saying that "the windows installer is not accessible in safe mode. please try again when your computer is not in safe mode". Judging by the fact that my computer will not turn on in any other form besides safe mode, I run into some problems. Is there any third party debuggers that work the same?

zimbra, Mar 22, 2009
  4. zimbra

zimbra

oh, and I also tried disabling all of my overclocking, but I still have the same issue.

zimbra, Mar 22, 2009
  5. zimbra

WAW8

Sorry to hear about your problems ...

Guess you have tried System Restore -- and it doesn't help?

If you can actually run using Safe Mode, you could try disabling all the Startup Items, rebooting into normal mode, and see if that works,

If that doesn't work, try booting into command mode (in safe mode) and running "sfc /scannow". It will scan the system files and attempt to replace corrupt files and install missing ones. You may need your Vista DVD if it can't file system files in the internal store.

WAW8, Mar 24, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question