Vista can't be installed and does not boot from DVD

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Zonk76, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Zonk76

Zonk76

Hi,

1. PC does not boot Vista DVD

2. Therefore I have started the Vista installation under XP, a clean install on a new partition. However, after the files have been copied, the PC didn't boot anymore, the Vista installation didn't complete. It permanently resets/reboot shortly after power-on.

It even didn't start XP anymore if the Vista DVD has been removed. But this issue I could fix with FIXBOOT command in the XP repair console.

Still existing problem: My PC does not boot from the Vista DVD. After booting I am asked to press a button to start from DVD (so BIOS boot settings are OK). But if I press a button, the PC immediately makes a reset. Same problem with RC1 5728 and 5600.

I have tried various DVDs from different vendors, it works perfect on an other PC.

I also tried to manually install the SATA RAID drivers during the Vista installation processs in XP.

What does stop my PC to boot from the Vista DVD? Is this related to the often mentioned SATA RAID problem with Vista? However I also tried to disable both SATA drives (which are not used in RAID modus) and connected an IDE HDD. However same result, PC reboots immediately. CMOS reset didn't help as well.

The Upgrade Advisior for device issues is telling me only that there is no compatibility information about nVidia Network Interface Controller.

My configuration:

Asus A8N-VM CSM NBP (nForce 430, GF6150) / nVidia Business Platform

tried with 2006 and also latest 2007 and regular NF4 drivers

AMD X2 3800+

tried with onboard graphics and added GF7600GT

1GB RAM

2x SATA HDD (no RAID)

LG DVD-ROM and DVD-RW

Any idea how to solve my problem and make me installling Vista?

thanks and regards

Zonk76, Oct 1, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Zonk76

msjones

Hi,

this could be due to a bad DVD burn of vista.

Microsoft recommed to burn the Vista ISO at either 1x or 2x to get a better quality burn.

If you like i can send you a copy my burn which i know works as i used it for this install. Mail me and let me know!

Matt

msjones, Oct 2, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question