Vista Business = No Activation ???

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by LotsaCabo, Dec 29, 2006.

1. LotsaCabo

LotsaCabo

Okay, this is a bit unexpected. I'm wondering if anyone can give me an explaination for this...

I just downloaded the Vista Business ISO from Microsoft's eOpen site. I have installed it on the first machine... at home. What is interesting is that I have not been prompted for a single key nor is there ANY mention of activation in the OS... no balloon saying I need to do it, no icon in the systray or the Start Menu... nothing.

Now, I DID purchase a single license of Vista Business from Dell and it IS associated with my eOpen account. However, I really doubt that Microsoft is tying the ISO, or the installation, back to my eOpen account or the license.

Any ideas?

LotsaCabo, Dec 29, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. LotsaCabo

LotsaCabo

Forget I said anything. I found it.

Seconds after I posted my last message I thought of displaying the properties of "Computer." There, at the bottom, is a section titled "Windows Activation." The very first line is a hyperlink that says, "3 day(s) until automatica activation. Activate Windows now". There is also a link to "Change product key".

I think I'll wait out the three days and see what happens.

LotsaCabo, Dec 29, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question