Vista Business and restore disks

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by farmersutton, Dec 8, 2012.

1. farmersutton

farmersutton

I bought my grandson a HP laptop (refurnished from ebay) for Christmas. The computer is fine and works properly. The gentleman stated before I bought it that I could make a system disks set (and yes I just wrote him back asking for help). I don't want to return the computer. My Grandson will like it,

It won't do is allow me to make a set of restore disks. This has Vista Business installed. I have been all over the internet trying to find out how to do this. Recovery manager only gives the option of making a backup to C: drive which I think is dumb or a network which of course I don't have. I just want to have that 'insurance' in case he messes it up.

I read that that one can do the F8 and go from there to restore. All I want is to have restore disks like my hp desktop. I made them when I first got my computer.

I thought all windows OS had that ability. Am I missing something? I would really appreciate any help someone might care to give me. Karen

farmersutton, Dec 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question